BSCG – ADDITIONAL DIETARY SUPPLEMENT TESTING SERVICES
Supplement Ingredient, Label Claims and Contamination Testing
The BSCG Certified Drug Free programs include verification of ingredients or label claims and testing for a complete suite of contaminants. This testing is performed annually according to program details and the technical details below. We also offer these additional dietary supplement quality control testing services à la carte as desired. Please contact us with any questions or for pricing.
Ingredient Verification / Quantification:
- Verification and quantification of most ingredients by themselves or in finished products. We evaluate them based on available monographs and/or analysis by High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC), Liquid Chromatography-Mass Spectrometry (LCMS), microscopy and other appropriate methods.
Heavy Metals and Trace Elements:
- We offer a standard heavy metal screen for arsenic, cadmium, chromium, lead and mercury using Inductively Coupled Plasma Mass Spectrometry (ICP-MS). We use the lower of International Conference for Harmonization (ICH) or American National Standards Institute (ANSI) 173 thresholds.
- We can also analyze for an array of other nutritional elements including copper, aluminum, nickel, iron, selenium and more.
- We provide testing for standard microbiological agents including: plate count, yeast and mold, coliform, e. coli, staphyloccus aurea, salmonella. Testing meets or exceeds the requirements of United States Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) <2021> and <2022>, ANSI 173, American Herbal Products Association (AHPA) or other industry guidelines as appropriate.
- Testing meets or exceeds the standards in the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Pesticide Analytical Manual, USP<561>, ANSI 173, AHPA or other industry guidelines as appropriate.
- We can test for Class I, II and III solvents based on need. Our primary panel focuses on Class I solvents with the highest level of toxicity (benzene; carbon tetrachloride; 1,2-dichloroethane; 1,1-dichloroethene; and 1,1,1-trichloroethane) in accordance with USP<467>.
- Total aflatoxins (B1 + B2 + G1 + G2): 20 ppb; Aflatoxin B1: 5 ppb.
- Vitamin A, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Vitamin C and more.
- Verification of probiotic types and amounts.