BSCG UPDATE: COVID-19 PREPARATION AND CONTINGENCY PLAN
A Message to Our Clients
Good day to all of our valued clients around the world. All of us at BSCG wish you and your people well in these difficult times as we all struggle with the worldwide effects of COVID-19. Your trust in our services have helped make BSCG a global leader in third-party certification and testing over the last 15 years. BSCG remains committed to supporting our clients during the global pandemic, and rest assured we are doing everything possible to maintain seamless operations.
We are grateful that BSCG continues to operate as usual with no impacts to our services at this time. We are working to prepare for any eventualities that may arise and to make additional contingency plans in the event our lab partners experience a disruption in service. While no plan can provide complete assurance against the unknown risks the current scenario presents, we are doing everything we can to enhance our already robust processes and controls and to minimize the risks and effects of COVID-19.
The following steps have been taken in association with our lab partners to address the COVID-19 situation and potential impacts:
– Travel for all employees has been put on hold unless legally required or necessary to maintain business operations.
– Off-site quarantine is required for anyone who has travelled to high-risk regions, becomes ill, or tests positive for COVID-19.
– Facility sanitization in common areas has been increased to ensure cleanliness and minimize any potential for spread of infection.
– Laboratory access has been restricted to employees and essential vendors only until further notice.
– We have communicated with essential laboratory inventory vendors to ensure future supply and have increased our inventory of key laboratory resources.
– Worked to expand the number of vendors to broaden supply chain of vital resources.
– We already have established contingency plans with our network of lab partners to ensure continuity of service in the event of an emergency. Given the extreme nature of the current concern surrounding COVID-19, we have worked to expand our network further to prepare for the eventuality that our primary and secondary partners might be affected.
– Ongoing monitoring of CDC’s website regarding COVID-19 developments and recommendations.
Please feel free to contact me directly with any specific concerns or questions you might have. We will continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation and adjust our plans as needed to minimize the risk to our people and any possible impacts to our community of clients. Despite the current challenges, we are working on some exciting consumer marketing initiatives, a website update, expanded communications and more to enhance awareness in the importance of third-party certification. We look forward to sharing those positive efforts with you soon.
Best regards to all of you and stay well.