BSCG CERTIFIED DRUG FREE® SUPPLEMENT CERTIFICATION PROCESS
HOW THIS TRUSTED PROGRAM WORKS
The BSCG Certified Drug Free® supplement certification process summarized below generally describes how we certify supplement products, raw materials / ingredients, and manufacturing facilities to be free of banned drugs. Some differences exist in the supplement certification process for banned drugs depending on whether we are certifying a finished supplement product, an ingredient, or a manufacturing facility. To see program details, visit the Certified Drug Free® Supplement Certification page.
CONTRACTS AND INFORMATION SUBMITTAL
- Program agreements and confidentiality agreement.
- Product label and supplement facts panel.
- Formula sheet (ingredient list, amounts, suppliers and country of origin).
- Manufacturing facility information.
INGREDIENT EVALUATION AND TOXICOLOGY ASSESSMENT
- Are any ingredients banned in sport?
- Are ingredients legitimate dietary supplement ingredients or new drugs?
- Are there toxicity concerns?
U.S. FOOD AND DRUG ADMINISTRATION (FDA) 21 C.F.R. 111 – GOOD MANUFACTURING PRACTICES (GMP) QUALITY CONTROL PROCESS REVIEW
- Ingredient specifications, verification process and supplier review.
- Finished product identity, purity, strength, and composition claims, specifications and associated quality testing.
- Contaminant testing and frequency.
- Quality control and batch production records.
BATCH TESTING FOR DRUGS
- Testing covers more than 274 banned substances in sport including those
prohibited by the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA), NFL, MLB, NCAA, NHL,
MLS, NBA, PGA, LPGA, NASCAR, ATP, WTA, UFC,CFL, the U.S. military,
vocational and professional drug testing programs and more.drug testing programs and more.
- Testing also includes more than 211 prescription and over-the-counter drugs not banned in sport.
- Optional add-on testing menu for equine and canine certification focused on ~1,300 drugs banned in the racing environment.
- We require either every finished batch to be tested, or monthly testing
with additional random testing, in order to maintain certification..
PRODUCT CERTIFICATION AND USE OF BSCG CERTIFIED DRUG FREE® SEAL
- Certified products and lot numbers listed in Certified Drug Free database.
- BSCG Certified Drug Free® can be used on packaging and marketing materials for certified products.