The Gold Standard In Dietary Supplement Certification
BSCG Certified Drug Free

Home > Supplements For Athletes Consumers And Animals

sidebar-contact-img

Certified Drug Free®

Search According to Lot Number

Subscription to News and Blog

CERTIFIED DRUG FREE – CERTIFICATION PROGRAM DETAILS

Certification for Dietary Supplements and Natural Products

Certification for Dietary Supplements, Natural Products, Functional Foods, and more.

Protection of Supplements for Athletes, Animals and Consumers

BSCG is an international leader in banned substance certification and has been proud to protect supplements for athletes for more than 15 years. As one of the founders of third-party certification for banned substances, we were among the first to focus on protecting supplements for athletes by testing them for banned substances in sport. We realized, however, that athletes are not the only ones exposed to risks of potential drug contamination in supplements. Indeed, the majority of tainted supplement issues identified by the FDA come from drugs not banned in sport, leaving the broader consumer population at risk. Animal supplements also face concerns from feed contamination, potential issues with compounded veterinary drugs and a burgeoning group of veterinary supplements.

Our BSCG Certified Drug Free® certification program can be applied to dietary supplements, natural, products, functional foods, and more. The program helps protect supplements for athletes, consumers and animals by independently testing and certifying finished products or their ingredients for banned substances. Helping to found the supplement certification industry with our decades of sports drug-testing experience, BSCG has continued to lead the industry with the broadest testing menu available.

Our gold standard testing menu includes more than 496+ banned substances in sport, prescription, over-the-counter, or illicit drugs. It covers drugs on the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) Prohibited List or banned in other drug testing programs like the NFL, MLB, NHL, NBA, WNBA, PGA, LPGA, MLS, ATP, WTA, CFL, FIFA, FINA, AFL, NRL, NASCAR, CrossFit, NCAA, military, law enforcement, first responder, vocational drug-testing programs, and more. BSCG Certified Drug Free® supplements for athletes have been trusted for more than 15 years.

When it comes supplement protection for consumers, we are proud to be the first and only supplement certification program to include testing for additional prescription, over-the-counter, and illicit drugs not banned in sport. When evaluating the statistics from the FDA database of tainted products marketed as dietary supplements we found that 74% of the drugs were not banned in sport with the remaining 26% of drugs banned in sport. Drugs like pain killers, muscle relaxers, PDE-5 inhibitors (viagra and other sexual enhancement products), opiates, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, benzodiazepines, and more were prevalent contaminants but were not covered in any banned substance certification program. To add security for general consumers and to increase protection for athletes, we added these additional drugs to our testing menu.

BSCG is also pleased to be the only supplement certification provider to offer expanded protection for animal supplements, with a focus on horses and dogs. Equine and canine supplement protection includes optional add-on testing targeting approximately 1,300 drugs banned in equine and canine sport. The certification also protects companion animals from ingesting potentially harmful veterinary drugs that may appear as contaminants in the growing animal supplement industry.

In addition to protecting supplements for athletes, consumers and animals, we also offer a full suite of GMP dietary supplement quality-control testing services from ingredient and label verification testing to contaminant testing for heavy metals, pesticides, microbiological agents, solvents, gluten, genetically modified organisms, and more.

The BSCG Certified Drug Free® program is available to the dietary supplement, natural product, functional food, homeopathic, medical product industries. Finished products, ingredients, or facilities can be certified. Sporting groups, individual teams and athletes can get similar testing through our Athlete Assurance Program.

 

 

BSCG CERTIFIED CLIENTS

Twitter

facebook

The Catlin Perspective

Address
11301 W. Olympic Blvd. Suite 685 Los Angeles, CA 90064

Marketing E-mail
info@bscg.org