Laboratory Accreditations and Capabilities (coming later)
BSCG’s laboratory partners has been conducting drug testing, commercial product testing and environmental testing since 1931.
Laboratory accreditations include:
- ISO/IEC 17025:General requirements for the competence of testing and calibration laboratories
- United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) – Pesticides
- California Department of Public Health – Water quality and hazardous waste
- American National Standards Institute (ANSI) – ISO/IEC Guide 65: Plumbing Products
- South Coast Air Quality Management District – Air pollution
- Los Angeles County Sanitation District – Wastewater
Laboratory Equipment includes:
- Thermo Scientific Exactive™ Plus Orbitrap Mass Spectrometer
- QTRAP 4000 LC/MS/MS
- GC/MS and GC
- ICP/OES and ICP
BSCG was founded and is run by pioneering sports anti-doping scientist Don Catlin, M.D., along his son Oliver Catlin, a respected longtime business executive in the field and their colleague Ryan Connolly a prominent attorney in the sport, drug testing and dietary supplement realms. BSCG brings unmatched testing experience and scientific achievement to the quality control of dietary supplements. Indeed, “some call Dr. Don Catlin… the father of drug testing in sports.” (The New York Times).
Dietary Supplement Certification Industry.
A decade ago, BSCG helped found a new industry focused on dietary supplement certification for banned substances in sport.
Renowned anti-doping guru Dr. Don Catlin and colleagues founded BSCG in 2004 as one of the first supplement certification programs to give athletes and manufacturers alike a solution to the very serious concern that supplement contamination could lead to a positive drug test.