News on Dietary Supplements, Drugs In Sport, and Product Testing
The recent news stories below pertain to product testing and certification, nutritional and dietary supplements, drugs in sport, and related issues.
- “USADA survey highlights that 40 percent of American athletes have faced under five drug tests”
by Nick Butler, Inside the Games, August 13, 2018.
- “Experts advise athletes on dietary supplement use”
by Carolyn Crist, Reuters, July 24, 2018.
- “The Masculine Mystique of T”
by Katrina Karkazis, New York Review of Books, June 28, 2018.
- “The 6 Best Protein Powders Available–and How to Use Them”
by Meg Lappe, Gear Patrol, June 22, 2018.
- “Anti-doping athletes begin to recognize strength in numbers”
by Donna Spencer, The Canadian Press, June 5, 2018.
- “New blood database alleges extensive doping in cross-country skiing”
by Andy Brown, The Sports Integrity Initiative, Feb. 4, 2018.
- “Interview with Grigory Rodchenkov: ‘Russia is still a doping country’”
by Andrea Schultke and Hajo Seppelt, Deutschlandfunk, Jan. 31, 2018.
- “Reliability Reigns for Vitamin & Mineral Supplements”
by Sean Moloughney, Nutraceuticals World, Jan. 5, 2018.
- “Roswell company warned about illegal product”
by Lois Norder, Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Jan. 5, 2018.
- “FDA Seizes SARM Products in Raid of Supplement Company Tied to Dr. Tony Huge”
by Steve Myers and Josh Long, Natural Products Insider, Dec. 18, 2017.
- “Athletes have a duty to report doping offences”
by Brian Homewood, Reuters, Nov. 28, 2017.
- “Dietary Supplement Industry Associations Join U.S. Anti-Doping Agency to Warn Consumers about Adulterated Sports Nutrition Ingredients”
by Jennifer Prince, Nutritional Outlook, Nov. 13, 2017.