BSCG Certified Drug Free® Supplement Certification Process
How This Trusted Program Works
The BSCG Certified Drug Free® supplement certification process summarized below generally describes how we certify supplement products, raw materials / ingredients, and manufacturing facilities to be free of banned drugs. Some differences exist in the supplement certification process for banned drugs depending on whether we are certifying a finished supplement product, an ingredient, or a manufacturing facility. To see program details, visit the Certified Drug Free® Supplement Certification page.
Contracts and Information Submittal
- Program agreements and confidentiality agreement.
- Product label and supplement facts panel.
- Formula sheet (ingredient list, amounts, suppliers and country of origin).
- Manufacturing facility information.
Ingredient Evaluation and Toxicology Assessment
- Are any ingredients banned in sport?
- Are ingredients legitimate dietary supplement ingredients or new drugs?
- Are there toxicity concerns?
U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 21 C.F.R. 111 Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) Quality Control Process Review
- Ingredient specifications, verification process and supplier review.
- Finished product identity, purity, strength, and composition claims, specifications and associated quality testing.
- Contaminant testing and frequency.
- Quality control and batch production records.
Batch Testing for Drugs
- More than 272 banned substances in sport including those prohibited by the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA), NFL, MLB, NCAA, NHL, MLS, NBA, PGA, LPGA, NASCAR, ATP, WTA, UFC, the U.S. military, vocational and professional drug testing programs and more.
- More than 211 prescription and over-the-counter drugs not banned in sport.
- Optional add-on testing menu for equine and canine certification focused on ~1,300 drugs banned in the racing environment.
- We require either every finished batch to be tested, or monthly testing, in order to maintain certification.
Product Certification and Use of BSCG Certified Drug Free® Seal
- Certified products and lot numbers listed on .
- BSCG Certified Drug Free® can be used on packaging and marketing materials for certified products.