BSCG CERTIFIED DRUG FREE - THE PROCESS
BANNED SUBSTANCES, LABEL CLAIMS, AND GMP COMPLIANCE
The steps below summarize the process involve in certifying a product or ingredient in the BSCG Certified Drug Free program, which provides gold standard anti-doping protection to athletes, military service members, and first responders as well as maximum health and safety protection to consumers. Every finished product lot is tested for our industry leading banned substances testing menu, while ingredients can elect to do monthly testing. An initial GMP compliance audit is required and quality specifications are verified annually. The process is outlined below.
INITIAL CONTRACTS AND INFORMATION GATHERING
- Program agreements and confidentiality agreement.
- Product label and supplement facts panel.
- Formula sheet (ingredient list, amounts, suppliers ).
- Manufacturing facility information and verification of GMP certification or other relevant qualifications in the region of sale.
INGREDIENT EVALUATION AND TOXICOLOGY ASSESSMENT
- Are any ingredients banned in sport?
- Are ingredients legal and legitimate dietary supplement ingredients?
- Are there any apparent toxicology concerns with the product or ingredient?
QUALITY CONTROL PROCESS REVIEW
- A Manufacturing Quality Control Process Review questionnaire must be completed.
- Provide a Specification Sheet and example of a COA for each Ingredient.
- Provide a Specification Sheet and example of a COA for each Finished Product that verifies identity, purity, strength, composition and limits on contaminants.
- Describe Limits on Contaminants and testing frequency for finished products and ingredients.
- Review of Master Manufacturing Record and Batch Production Records samples.
- Review key SOPs including Recalls and Adverse Event Reporting.
TESTING FOR BANNED SUBSTANCES AND LABEL CLAIMS
- BSCG tests every lot for our industry leading banned substance testing menu covering more than 507 drugs. Monthly testing is an option for ingredients.
- Covers 298 drugs on the WADA Prohibited List that are banned in sport, military, and first responder drug testing programs, more than any other provider.
- Also covers more than 209 prescription, over-the-counter and illicit drugs other programs don't include for expanded health and regulatory protection.
- For Animal Supplements an optional add-on testing menu is focused on ~1,300 drugs banned in the equine and canine racing environment.
- Random purchases and testing may be conducted at any time.
- Quality control specifications and limits on contaminants must be verified annually by BSCG or another qualified testing provider.
CERTIFICATION, SEAL AND CLIENT PAGE
- Once the first lot is certified Client logo, participating products and lot numbers are added to our website and database.
- A custom Client page is created on our website with brand description, contacts, images, supplement facts, lot numbers, categories, goals, sales links, barcodes and more.
- BSCG Certified Drug Free gold seal can be used on packaging and marketing materials for certified products once first lot is certified.