In the News
Recent News Stories Featuring the Catlins and BSCG
The following recent news stories pertain to product testing, dietary supplements, drugs in sport, or related issues, and mention or feature statements from BSCG’s world-renowned chief science officer, Don H. Catlin, M.D., or its respected CEO, Oliver Catlin.
- “CRN announces 11 new members”
by Mary Ellen Shoup, NutraIngredients-usa.com, August 16, 2018.
Trailer for a six-episode docuseries from director Alex Gibney, ESPN, streaming on ESPN+, as of July 2018.
- “Team Profile: The comeback story behind Support Clean Sport-Guttenplan Coaching”
by Michael Better, Cycling Tips, June 28, 2018.
- “Doping expert Victor Conte: Robinson Cano’s suspension ‘should not surprise anybody’”
by A.J. Perez, USA Today, May 15, 2018.
- “6 Myths About Nutritional Supplements You Must Know”
by K. Aleisha Fetters, US News & World Report, April 27, 2018.
- “’Icarus’: Best Film Based on a Doping Scheme (but the Wrong One)”
by Ronald Katz, The Nation, March 14, 2018.
- “Jaw-Dropping Netflix Sports Film Wins Oscar for Best Documentary”
by Arthur James O’Dea, Balls.IE, March 5, 2018.
- “Experts: Allonzo Trier’s explanation for the latest failed drug test ‘highly unlikely’”
by Jeff Eisenberg, Yahoo Sports, Feb. 27, 2018.
- “Condors Callahan suspended 20 games by AHL for violation of Performance Enhancing Substances Program”
by The Bakersfield Californian, Feb. 13, 2018.
- “Winning at any price: The use of banned drugs is rife in sport”
by The Economist, Feb. 10, 2018.
- “Meet Oliver Catlin of Banned Substances Control Group”
by Voyage LA Staff, Voyage LA, Oct. 23, 2017.
- “One Scientist’s Marathon Quest for the Exercise Pill”
by Adam Piore, Bloomberg Businessweek, Oct. 17, 2017.
- “Don Catlin: Icarus, Lance and the War on Drugs in Sport”
Interview with Ger Gilroy, Newstalk’s “Off the Ball,” August 23, 2017.
- “USADA survey highlights that 40 percent of American athletes have faced under five drug tests”
by Nick Butler, Inside the Games, August 13, 2018.
- “Experts advise athletes on dietary supplement use”
by Carolyn Crist, Reuters, July 24, 2018.
- “The Masculine Mystique of T”
by Katrina Karkazis, New York Review of Books, June 28, 2018.
- “The 6 Best Protein Powders Available–and How to Use Them”
by Meg Lappe, Gear Patrol, June 22, 2018.
- “Anti-doping athletes begin to recognize strength in numbers”
by Donna Spencer, The Canadian Press, June 5, 2018.
- “New blood database alleges extensive doping in cross-country skiing”
by Andy Brown, The Sports Integrity Initiative, Feb. 4, 2018.
- “Interview with Grigory Rodchenkov: ‘Russia is still a doping country’”
by Andrea Schultke and Hajo Seppelt, Deutschlandfunk, Jan. 31, 2018.
- “Reliability Reigns for Vitamin & Mineral Supplements”
by Sean Moloughney, Nutraceuticals World, Jan. 5, 2018.
- “Roswell company warned about illegal product”
by Lois Norder, Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Jan. 5, 2018.
- “FDA Seizes SARM Products in Raid of Supplement Company Tied to Dr. Tony Huge”
by Steve Myers and Josh Long, Natural Products Insider, Dec. 18, 2017.
- “Athletes have a duty to report doping offences”
by Brian Homewood, Reuters, Nov. 28, 2017.
- “Dietary Supplement Industry Associations Join U.S. Anti-Doping Agency to Warn Consumers about Adulterated Sports Nutrition Ingredients”
by Jennifer Prince, Nutritional Outlook, Nov. 13, 2017.
Note: Article contains an uncorrected error. Both BSCG and Informed Sport also test for performance-enhancing drugs.
News on Dietary Supplements, Drugs In Sport, and Product Testing
The recent news stories below pertain to product testing and certification, nutritional and dietary supplements, drugs in sport, and related issues.