BSCG In The News
Recent News Stories Featuring the Catlins and BSCG
The following recent news stories pertain to dietary supplements, drugs in sport, or related issues and often feature interviews or quotes from BSCGs renowned chief science officer, Don H. Catlin, M.D., or its CEO, Oliver Catlin.
- by Carla K. Johnson, The Seattle Times, June 29, 2017.
- “Up All Night with Dotun Adebayo regarding the Russian doping scandal
BBC Radio 5, Dec. 10, 2016.
- by Rachel Axon, USA Today, Dec. 8, 2016.
- “Novitzky Details UFC Efforts in Anti-Doping”
by Josh Samman, UFC.com, Sept. 21, 2016.
- by Neil Chesanow, Don H.Catlin, M.D., Medscape, August 26, 2016.
- The Other Drug War: Testing for Doping in Olympic Athletes,
by Don H. Catlin, M.D., Medscape, August 26, 2016.
- by Jon Hamilton, NPR, August 10, 2016.
- Lilly King and the new vanguard in battle against sports doping,
by Christa Case Bryant, Christian Science Monitor, August 9, 2016.
- by Owen Fairclough, CCTV America, August 9, 2016.
- The Drugs Won: The Case for Ending the Sports War on Doping,
by Patrick Hruby, Vice Sports, August 1, 2016.
- by Jere Longman, New York Times, July 24, 2016.
“Just because a product is brought to market and labeled as a dietary supplement, guarantees neither efficacy nor, more importantly, safety.“ – David S. Seres, M.D., CNN
- Blue Jays Chris Colabello has nothing to say sorry for
by Brendan Kennedy, The Star, July 22, 2016.
- by Shi David, Sportsnet, July 13, 2016.
- Itll Be Really Hard to Test for Doping at the Rio Olympics,
by Chelsea Leu, Wired, June 30, 2016.
- CBS News, June 28, 2016.
- FDA Targets High-Risk Firms for Dietary Supplement GMP Re-inspections,
blog post from Natural Products Insider, June 20, 2016.
- by Sean Ingle, The Guardian, June 13, 2016.
- How Hartpury anti-doping classes are changing student perspective,
by The Citizen, Gloucestershire Live, June 6, 2016.
- by Hank Schultz, Nutraingredients-USA.com, May 31, 2016.
- New Tests Uncover Rash of Doping at Beijing Games,
by Matthew Futterman, Wall Street Journal, May 17, 2016.
- by Rebecca R. Ruiz, New York Times, May 13, 2016.
- Baseball Dopers New Drug Is an Old One Used by East Germany,
by Ken Belson and Jeré Longman, New York Times, May 6, 2016.
- by Rachel Axon, USA Today, April 8, 2016.
- A New Front in the War on Doping,
by Kevin Helliker and Sara Germano, Wall Street Journal, March 18, 2016.
- by Elizabeth Chuck, NBC News, March 8, 2016.
- Effectiveness of NFLs HGH policy in question,
by Christian Red, New York Daily News, Jan. 30, 2016.
- by Robert Silverman, Vocativ.com, Dec. 30, 2015.
- Its here! FDA creates Office of Dietary Supplement Programs,
by Stephen Daniells, Nutraingredients-USA, Dec. 21, 2015.
- Charles T. Jordan, Animal Blawg, Dec. 18, 2015.
- Dietary supplements: not always whats advertised,
by Airman 1st Class Ian Dudley, Vandenberg Air Force Base, Dec. 18, 2015.
- by Hank Schultz, Nutraingredients-USA, Nov. 20, 2015.
- A look at the drug policies in NHL, other major sports,
by Times Staff, Los Angeles Times, Sept. 28, 2015.
- by Thomas Hauser, SB Nation, Sept. 9, 2015.
- IAAF: A lot of problems, an audio interview with Dr. Don Catlin,
with Sarah Mulkerrins, BBC Sportshour, August 13, 2015.
- by Toni Clarke, Reuters UK, August 6, 2015.
- “A Drug Hits Cycling Before It Hits the Market,”
by Gina Kolata, New York Times, July 29, 2015.
- by Nick Wingfield and Conor Dougherty, New York Times, July 23, 2015.
- Lab results dont tell the whole story,
by Rick Polito, newhope360, May 27, 2015.
- by Hank Schultz, Nutra Ingredients-USA, April 22, 2015.
- New York Attorney General Targets Supplements at Major Retailers,
by Anahad OConnor, New York Times, Feb. 3, 2015.
- by R. Morgan Griffin, reviewed by BrunildaNazario, MD, WebMD, January 2015.
- Ben Johnson steroid still responsible for more doping cases than any other,
by David Owen, Inside the Games, Jan. 17, 2015.
- FDA Press Release, Jan. 16, 2015.
- Over the Line, (New novel about steroids in sport),
South Wales Argus, Jan. 15, 2015.
- by Allan Muir, Sports Illustrated, Jan. 14, 2015.
- Are you being misled by bogus weight-loss supplement?,
health24, Jan. 13, 2015.
- by Steven Marrocco, USA Today Sports, Jan. 7, 2015.
- News Archive