bscg-next-buttonCertified Drug Free®

Subscription to News and Blog


Certification for Dietary Supplements and Natural ProductsBSCG Certified Drug Free® Supplement Certification

Protecting Supplements for Athletes, Consumers and Animals

Our BSCG Certified Drug Free® dietary supplement certification program helps to protect athletes, consumers and animals by independently testing and certifying supplement products. When we started our program we were among the first to focus on protecting supplements for athletes by testing them for banned substances in sport. We realized, however, that athletes are not the only ones exposed to risks of potential drug contamination in supplements. Indeed, nearly three quarters of the drug contamination issues that the FDA finds in supplements come from drugs not banned in sport, leaving the broader consumer population at risk. Equines and canines also face concerns from feed contamination, potential issues with compounded veterinary drugs and a burgeoning group of veterinary supplements.

Helping to found the supplement certification industry with our decades of sports drug-testing experience, BSCG has continued to lead the industry with testing menus customized for protecting supplements for athletes. This ongoing work involves laboratory testing for more than 272 drugs on the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) Prohibited List or banned in other drug testing programs like the NFL, MLB, NHL, NBA, WNBA, PGA, LPGA, MLS, ATP, WTA, FIFA, FINA, AFL, NRL, NASCAR, CrossFit, NCAA, military, law enforcement, vocational drug-testing programs, and more. Our standard testing menu covers more drugs banned in sport than any other supplement certification program available.

When it comes to protecting supplements for consumers, we are proud to be the first and only supplement certification program to include testing for an additional 211 prescription, over-the-counter, and illicit drugs not banned in sport. When evaluating the statistics from the database we found that 74% of the drugs they found were not banned in sport, with the remaining 26% of drugs banned in sport. Drugs like pain killers, muscle relaxers, PDE-5 inhibitors (Viagra and other sexual enhancement products), opiates, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, benzodiazepines, and more. To introduce benefits for general consumers and to increase supplement protection for athletes, we added these additional drugs to our testing menu.

BSCG is also pleased to be the only supplement certification provider to offer supplement protection for animals, with a focus on horses and dogs. Equine and canine supplement protection includes an optional add-on testing menu targeting approximately 1,300 drugs banned in equine and canine sport. The certification also protects companion animals from ingesting potentially harmful veterinary drugs that may appear as contaminants in the growing animal supplement industry.

In addition to protecting supplements for athletes, consumers and animals, we also offer a full suite of GMP dietary supplement quality-control testing services from ingredient and label verification testing to contaminant testing for heavy metals, pesticides, microbiological agents, solvents and more.

The BSCG Certified Drug Free® program is available to dietary supplement brands, ingredient suppliers and manufacturing facilities. Sporting groups, individual teams and athletes can get similar testing through our ; read more about our

For further information on the BSCG Certified Drug Free® dietary supplement certification program, please visit our  page. If you are interested in understanding the steps involved with the BSCG Certified Drug Free® dietary supplement certification program, feel free to check out the .


Supplement Products

Finished products are Certified Drug Free® with annual label claim & contaminant testing.

Raw Materials/Ingredients

Ingredients lots Certified Drug Free® with annual identity and contaminant testing.


GMP audit and testing products and ingredients for drugs, identity & contaminants.


  • Ajinomoto_200_200
  • horseco_200_200
  • Exfuze
  • arbonne
  • Rain Internationl
  • BSCG Kaged Muscle Logo
  • Muscle-food
  • LifeVantage_200_200
  • Back-on-Track-USA-Inc
  • Oxigenesis
  • RP_Supplements
  • DHelix_Nutrition_Alliance
  • Nugevity
  • Millennium
  • pure-mix
  • YOR health
  • pangea-biomedical
  • Max-International_200_200
  • vitargo_200_200
  • Herbalife-24
  • BSCG KSM-66
  • Nerium International
  • Onnit
  • M Drive
  • GYV
  • tyent-usa
  • lifeshotz
  • bourbon logo
  • Vitamin-Science
  • Sanki-Mayor
  • Proanox
  • P2Life
  • Nutra_logo
  • LuRong-Living
  • BSCG Aviclin Logo
  • High-Performance-Nutrition
  • Golf-Smart
  • Gen-Ethix
  • Foods-for-Athletes
  • Exfuze
  • EP-NO
  • EP-NO
  • AminoVITAL
  • Trevo
  • Celergen-U.S
  • BC2Athlete
  • Athletic-Alliance-Sport-Sup
  • Ariix
  • USA-NuLife-logo
  • image11
  • Fitteam
  • resync
  • haleo
  • bepure
  • apn